Best Baked Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1/4 cup salt
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless skinless, about 3-4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or melted butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika (regular or smoked)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes (optional)
- chopped parsley
- To brine chicken breasts, fill a large bowl with 1 quart of lukewarm water and 1/4 cup salt. Then, stir to combine until the salt is dissolved. Next, add the meat to the brine mixture and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Also, you could cover the bowl and refrigerate for up to 6 hours. When ready to cook, remove them from the brine, and rinse under cold water. Lastly, pat them dry with some paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease of a 9x13 inch baking dish with a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- In a small bowl mix: salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried thyme, dried basil, dried parsley and pepper flakes.
- Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil or melted butter and seasoning on both sides. Rub well so it absorbs properly.
- Add chicken to the prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Before slicing, let rest for 5-10 minutes for optimal tenderness.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.
Recipe adapted from: sweetandsavorymeals.