Best Chicken Piccata With Lemon Sauce
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg substitute, 2 tablespoons wine, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, and hot pepper sauce. In an another shallow dish, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown four chicken breast halves in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add the remaining wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, until sauce is reduced by a fourth. Drizzle over chicken.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.Recipe adapted from: tasteofhome.