Chili Lime Baked Chicken Wings
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.
- 4 pounds chicken wings and drumettes
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lime zest (1 reg lime)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (1 reg lime)
- Preheat oven to 450. Line large baking sheet with foil and place wire rack on top. Set aside.
- Dry chicken wings and drumettes with paper towels. Get the chicken as dry as possible.
- Add baking powder, salt and pepper to a large bowl, mix together. Add the chicken and coat the chicken in the baking powder mixture.
- Lay the chicken on the baking sheet on top of the wire rack, make sure the chicken is not touching.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes. Flip the chicken over using tongs or forks and bake again for 15 more minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the sauce. Combine the chili garlic sauce, honey, melted butter, and lime juice and zest in a small bowl. Stir together. If the butter won't mix, heat the sauce in microwave or in a saucepan briefly just until combined.
- After the chicken has baked, remove from the oven, brush with the sauce.
- Cook the chicken for an additional 15 minutes with the sauce on. Remove from the oven and serve.