Hawaiian Style Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds of fresh or thawed chicken wings
- 4 Tbsp. arrowroot starch – divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt – divided
- 1/2 tsp. pepper – divided
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried ginger
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. liquid aminos
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- Coat the thawed chicken wings with 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and 3 Tbsp. arrowroot starch. Toss to fully coat each wing.
- Add the wings to your air fryer basket, then cook for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- While the wings are cooking, add the minced garlic, ginger, ketchup, liquid aminos, Worcestershire sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, and crushed pineapple to a saucepan and whisk to combine. Add in 1/4 tsp. of both salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Then, add 1 Tbsp. arrowroot starch and whisk. Cook until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Once the wings have cooked for 20 minutes, remove from the air fryer and dip into the sauce to coat. Add the wings back into the air fryer basket and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.