Oven Baked Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- 3 lb bag chicken wings
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes more if you like it spicier
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- Green onions and sesame seed for garnish
- In a small bowl whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, water, sugar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes until sugar is dissolved.
- Place chicken wings in a large ziplock freezer bag, pour in 1/3 of the marinade mixture. Seal and mix the wings around in the marinade. Place in refrigerator for 4 hours or preferably overnight for best flavor.
- Place the rest of the marinade in a small saucepan and whisk in cornstarch until blended. Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place a metal wire cooling rack on a rimmed foil lined baking sheet. Place all the wings on the wire rack
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Turn the oven to broil, brush some of the teriyaki sauce over the wings and broil 3-5 minutes. Flip the wings and repeat.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds. Serves 4-6
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.Recipe adapted from butteryourbiscuit.