Sticky and Crispy Orange Chicken
- 2 large chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 3-4 cups vegetable oil , for frying depending on the size of your pan
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cups rice vinegar, or white vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Crispy Fried Chicken
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- In a medium-large bowl, mix together cornstarch, flour, and salt & pepper.
- Add the egg, oil, and water. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the chicken cubes to the mixture and marinate for 30-60 minutes in the fridge. (If you are in a rush, you can marinate the chicken for 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce.)
- In a medium-large saucepan or deep fryer, add 2 inches (5cm) of oil and heat to 350˚F (177˚C).
- Add the marinated chicken cubes in batches and deep fry them for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix together orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and orange zest.
- Heat a skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add oil.
- Add in the sauce mixture and stir to combine.
- Mix the cornstarch and water in a separate bowl, and then add the mixture (slurry) to the pan to thicken the sauce. Stir until mixture is smooth and thick, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add back the fried chicken and toss to coat completely.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve and enjoy!
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.Recipe adapted from: tipbuzz.