The Best and Easy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts 3 breasts
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning or cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup prepared queso cheese sauce I got mine from Trader Joe's
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- 12 oz. shredded Mexican 3-cheese blend divided
- 7 fajita sized flour tortillas 8 inch size
- 12 oz. mild salsa verde
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place chicken breasts over top. Sprinkle both sides with fajita seasoning, salt, pepper and olive oil. Rub spices and oil into meat and bake 35-40 minutes or until completely cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Shred chicken*, discarding any extra fat pieces or tough bits. Place into a large bowl. Combine with cream cheese, queso**, cumin, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk salsa verde with sour cream until mostly smooth. Spread about 1/4 cup of sauce across the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Fill 7 tortillas evenly with filling, add in about 2 tablespoons of cheese, roll, and place into baking pan. You should use all the chicken filling and 6 oz of cheese.
- Pour sauce over top of enchiladas and top with remaining 6 oz. cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly. Serve hot.
- *After my chicken was cooked and shredded, I have a scant 4 cups. If you wanted to buy a rotisserie chicken and shred that to save time, go right ahead!**My queso was pretty pourable coming right out of the fridge, however, if yours is more solid, microwave it briefly with the cream cheese (if its cold too) to soften them both up.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.Recipe adapted from: laurenslatest.