Baked Chicken Legs with Garlic and Dijon
- 4 lbs 14 count Chicken Legs or drumsticks
- 1/4 cup olive oil (Use light oil, not extra virgin)
- 4 garlic cloves pressed or minced
- 4 Tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients and stir or whisk together until well blended .
- Transfer chicken legs to a large mixing bowl or a large ziploc bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken and toss with your hands to evenly coat the chicken, pushing some of the marinade under the skin of each chicken leg for richer flavor. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate 6 hours or overnight, tossing chicken once while marinating.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or a silpat. Arrange chicken skin-side-down and bring chicken to room temp while oven preheats. Brush chicken legs with any extra marinade left in the mixing bowl. Bake at 400˚F in the center of oven for 25 minutes skin-side-down then turn the chicken legs over and bake additional 25 minutes skin-side-up. For crispier skin, broil on high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until skins have browned.*
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.Recipe adapted from natashaskitchen.