Crock-Pot Chipotle BBQ Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings, patted dry
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 minced chipotles packed in adobo
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.INSTRUCTIONS
- Add the chicken wings to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ketchup, chipotle pepper, honey, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, garlic powder, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, smoked paprika, salt and pepper into the Crock-Pot and stir until combined.
- Add the chicken wings and stir to coat with the sauce. Lock the lid and make sure steam release valve is in “seal” position. Press POULTRY, select high pressure, then press START/STOP. Set time for 15 minutes.
- Once 15 minutes has elapsed, use the quick pressure release method: using a kitchen utensil, flick the tab on the steam release valve. Do not place any part of your hand or body over the steam outlet on top of the valve, as steam is very hot and can scald skin. Pressure is released once steam is no longer escaping from the valve and the lid opens freely with minimal force.
- Heat a broiler to high heat. Using tongs, remove the wings from the Crock-Pot and arrange on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Press BROWN/SAUTÉ and reduce sauce until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Broil the wings until crispy, about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Ladle 1/2 cup of thickened sauce into a large bowl, add wings, and toss through sauce. Serve wings with extra sauce on side.