Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Recipe
- 6 skin on, bone in chicken drumsticks (or skinless)
- 6 skin on, bone in chicken thighs (or skinless)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried onion
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water (chicken broth, juice, or soda works, too)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Place chicken in 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- Combine salt, garlic powder, paprika, dried onion, black pepper and sprinkle over chicken, turning to coat all sides.
- Pour water (or other liquid) and liquid smoke into Instant Pot -- feel free to experiment with different flavours as long as they are clear liquid!
- Put the lid on, turn the valve to sealing, and select Manual or Pressure Cook, high pressure, for 10 minutes (12-15 minutes for frozen or partially frozen).
- It will take about 10 minutes for the pressure to build and the cook time to begin counting down. When the cook time is over, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10-15 minutes, then open the valve and remove the lid.
- Remove chicken, brush with barbecue sauce, and either broil for 3-4 minutes until the skin begins to crisp up, or place on the grill for 4-5 minutes.
- *This chicken can be made ahead of time, cooked and stored in the refrigerator up to 24 hours before grilling or broiling.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.Source: https://www.thereciperebel.com/instant-pot-bbq-chicken/