Keto Chicken Fried Steak and Gravy
- 4 cubed steaks
- sea salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1 cup powdered Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup beef broth
- chives or parsley for garnish optional
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.Instructions
- Season cubed steak with salt and pepper. Only use a pinch of salt since both the Parmesan cheese and pork rinds will add lots of salt.
- Whisk together eggs and heavy cream in a shallow bowl. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, paprika, and garlic powder. Mix well and transfer half of it to a second shallow dish.
- Coat cubed steaks in pork rind mixture, dip in egg and then coat in the second pork rind mixture.
- Place ghee in cast-iron pan over medium heat. When hot, add cubed steak. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove steak to a plate.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon of grease from pan. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes to soften the onion.
- Add cream cheese and whisk until it is melted. Gradually whisk in beef broth. Simmer gently for a few minutes to thicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve steak topped with gravy. I like it with Mashed Fauxtatoes.