Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1/3 heaping cup peanut butter*
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + 2 tablespoons, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the peanut butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, smoothly the top lightly with a spatula.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until done. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.Source: https://www.averiecooks.com/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-bars/